The College has been working closely with Local Authority transport throughout the COVID response to ensure students can safely return to school using the transport provided.
To ensure the safety of all students that use school transport it is inevitable that some changes are needed. These include:
- Students must be wearing a face covering before boarding and remain wearing one until they disembark the bus
- Seating plans will be enforced and these are not negotiable unless authorised by the Local Authority
- Hand sanitiser should be encouraged on boarding the bus and again when disembarking the bus (although many buses will have own hand sanitiser, we strongly suggest your child carries his / her own)
- The majority of buses will carry students in Year Group Bubbles so that it is in line with how the school is operating from September
- Where Year Group bubbles are not available, the bus will be split into zones for specific Year Groups
- On arrival to school the younger students will leave the bus first and will be directed through the one way system to the zone where they are allocated before the school day starts. Older students will leave the bus last
- At the end of the school day, when boarding the bus the older students will board first, followed by the youngest. This will be supervised by both College staff and Drivers.
Further, more detailed information regarding Local Authority funded transport arrangements will be sent out by Peterborough City Council in due course. Following this, should parents have any queries as to how school transport will operate, they should contact the City Council in the first instance.