Welcome to Greater Peterborough Teaching School Alliance
Greater Peterborough Teaching School Alliance (GPTSA) is led by Arthur Mellows Village College, in Peterborough, and we were designated as a National Teaching School in June 2016 by the National College for Teaching and Leadership. This status recognises our strong track record of working collaboratively to support the development of other schools, as well as the outstanding practice within the school itself.
What is a Teaching School?
Teaching Schools are Good or Outstanding schools that play an important role in a school-led system, working with others to provide high-quality training and support for school improvement in their local area. Launched in 2011, there are now more than 800 teaching schools across the country and their role includes:
- co-ordinating and delivering high-quality, school-based initial teacher training (ITT)
- spreading excellent practice by supporting other schools, particularly those that need it the most
- providing professional and leadership development for teachers and leaders across their network
DfE July 2017
Our Teaching School Alliance share our professional expertise in support of schools and colleagues and provide high quality training and professional development for teachers and leaders at all stages in their career.
The Alliance is involved in the following areas:
- School led initial teacher training (SCITT)
- Induction and CPD for Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs)
- Continuing Professional and Leadership Development
- School to School Support
- Recruitment and deployment of SLEs and NLEs
If you are interested in joining our Teaching School Alliance and would like further information, please contact Roger Watson, Director of Teaching School, by email: email@example.com