Second in Department for Mathematics
Required For September 2020
TLR £4,656 - £6,829 depending on previous experience
Are you a Mathematician looking for a new challenge?
Arthur Mellows Village College Mathematics Department is looking for a new Second in Department. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic practitioner who:
- Is ready for the next stage in their career development.
- Is a highly effective, dedicated teacher who is able to deliver Mathematics across the ability range at KS3, KS4 and KS5.
- Is able to support the professional development of colleagues and lead by example.Would be responsible for coordinating KS4.
- Wishes to work in a successful Department ( last year 80% of GCSE students gained a grade 4 or higher, and 66.7% of A Level students gained a grade B or above)
- Wishes to work with students who enjoy Mathematics, are well behaved and keen to learn.
- Wishes to work in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Wishes to benefit from regular and relevant opportunities for CPD.
We are situated in a village location on the edge of Peterborough, with good transport links to London, the A1 and Stamford. If you are looking to relocate, the local villages and Peterborough itself have a good range of housing. So whether it is a quiet location, family friendly area or lively city living you are looking for, this is all within easy reach.
Whilst this position is for a full time teacher, we would consider applications from colleagues wishing for a part time post. We are happy to show you around the College and answer any questions you may have prior to you submitting an application, please call Sarah Cooper on 01733 254052.
If you believe you can make a difference in our outstanding school, please apply by noon on Thursday 5 March 2020.
Application forms are available in the application pack below.
AMVC is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment