Free School Meals
Cambridgeshire County Council, Education Welfare Benefits Service are the free school meal (FSM) entitlement provider for the College.
If you feel that you may be eligible, we would be grateful if you could complete a FSM application.
Please complete an online application if you are claiming any of the following:
- Income support; or
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance; or
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance or
- Child Tax Credit, as long as you do not get Working Tax Credit and whose annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) does not exceed £16,190; or
- Support under part VI of the Immigration & asylum Act 1999; or
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit (with an annual take home pay of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
Making an application is quick and simple to do using the online application form at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals selecting “no” when asked if you have had a previous claim.
- Online application form offers a faster, easier and more convenient application process.
- Instant result upon submission of online form.
- No need to create an online account.
- Reduces application errors through computer-assisted form validation.
- Enables applications to be made in private via PC, tablet, mobile phone.
- Paper/Telephone application available for those with no internet access.
- No need for any further applications throughout child's school years (unless the child moves to another county) as all previously rejected applicants are regularly re-checked for eligibility.
If you do not have internet access you can give the Team a call on 01223 703200, and they can send you a form to complete by post. Paper forms should be returned to;Education Welfare Benefits Team, (Free School Meals)
Cambridgeshire County Council