Gifted and Talented
Sixth Form Gifted and Talented Provision
- Russell Group and Beyond - identified students who have a high prior attainment score or have a particular strength in a given subject. Students are invited to meetings and attend special events. They have a separate email distribution list where we can share opportunities and information as it comes to school
- Oxford and Cambridge University links - we run a series of days where students complete workshops on interview techniques, making competitive applications throughout the year. Normally late September and June.
- Attendance at Oxbridge roadshows
- Links with other schools
- Sutton Trust and Eton Summer Schools- students invited to apply and attend summer school programmes
- Cambridge and Oxford Shadowing Programmes - students invited to apply and attend competitive shadowing experiences
- Future Festival- Oxford, Cambridge and Russell Group representatives come to the college to talk to students and guide their through personal statement writing, critical thinking and interview technique
- Mentoring and Intervention- all top performers known to staff with aspirational targets and tracking. Dedicated SFLT mentor to help them meet their target grades.